Thursday, August 11, 2011

Color study update!



Here are some color studies I have been working on lately. I have been experimenting with printing out sketches I posted earlier onto watercolor paper and playing with the style and colors. So far I pretty happy with the results, the printer I'm using for this is working well, the inks don't really run when I hit them down with washes of watercolor as long as I don't start off to heavy and I don't print the lines too dark. I think I have found a nice balance so far. Also I wanted to play with what the final color of the cat would be. Its a black cat, but like the real life animal he was never completely black, rather shades of brown to make a rich black color. I may play around with him more but for now it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment